Sunday, April 1, 2012

Street Photography

I took these photos on Promenade Wellington, where there was a sugar shack on the street offering people tire à l'érable and other seasonal treats and drinks. The street was milling with all sorts of people. I decided to hold my camera at waist level and take pictures of unsuspecting folk as I strolled down the street.


ISO 500, f/3.5, 1/200sec


ISO 00, f/4.8, 1/200sec


ISO 500, f/4.2, 1/250sec


ISO 500, f/4.8, 1/200sec

Getting the right angle, good timing and proper focus was challenging because I held the camera at waist-level and could not see through the viewfinder, and the lens would slide down slightly. There were several shots I missed because I wasn't quick enough. I also struggled with timidity, which I hope will dissipate with more practice. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the process because of the element of surprise-- I like the natural look and candid quality to the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment